It’s no secret. People use Google and other search engines to find information, and the websites that are optimized to rank high in searches are the ones that are the most successful. However, developing a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy is no easy feat. Read below to learn how you can create an effective SEO strategy and develop content that is SEO-friendly:
- Plan your content around relevant keywords. Users look for content using keywords (the search terms they type into search engines), so the content you create should be determined by keyword research. Keywords should not be an afterthought. They should be used as a source to organize your content and inspire ideas.
- Research the best keywords using Google. Make a list of keywords by using Google’s search engine results and Google’s Keyword Planner. Search for different terms on Google and track the number of times the keywords showed up on Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs). Scroll toward the end of the SERP to view the list of “search related” terms for an idea of the kinds of keywords you can use. You can use Google’s Keyword Planner to measure the number of times a keyword or phrase is searched for and how competitive a keyword phrase is. Pro tip: Don’t use a keyword that is too high or low in competition. Aim for keywords that have medium competition and a healthy search volume.
- Focus specific pages toward certain keywords. Stuffing as many keywords as possible into a single content page is ineffective, and it will result in low-quality content that does not rank well in SERPs. It is extremely difficult, if not impossible, for a page to rank high for several key terms. Opt for a website that has a high volume of content pages and target certain keywords on each page. The total number of pages you will need depends on the subject of your content and what key terms you want to target.
- Link internally. Linking the pages within your website together is one of most effective ways of building a SEO-friendly site. Internal links within your content establish your website’s architecture, which will allow a search engine to “crawl” your site looking for information to organize its search index. Internal links also help your users to find relevant or related information more easily on your website. Users spending more time on your site contributes to your website’s rankability on search engines.
- Monitor your SEO performance. There are numerous tracking tools to measure the success of your SEO strategy. Be consistent with measuring your site’s search ranking and implement changes that may need to be made if your site is not doing well on SERPs.
Developing content that ranks high on search engine results pages can be difficult and time-consuming. The online marketing professionals at OVC Lawyer Marketing, Inc. can help you build an effective SEO strategy, which will bring more traffic to your website as your rankings on search engine results pages improve. Call our team at 630-635-8000 or contact us online.