Work at OVC, INC.
Join Our Digital Marketing Team
Legal Copy Editor
An OVC, INC. Copy Editor is expected to contribute and review well-written, informative content, blogs, and articles for our portfolio of legal websites. The Editor must be able to read law statutes, understand legal issues, and put the law into plain English for a general audience.
This is an in-person position at our Downers Grove, IL office. Assignments, writing, editing, and submissions are all handled through online project management tools and website/blog systems. The Editor is responsible for the ability to deliver clean, concise copy on legal topics. Compensation is on a salary basis.
Additional requirements include:
- Ability to write and/or edit in an authoritative, neutral tone;
- Ability to translate legal concepts into articles and FAQs that can be easily understood by a legal consumer audience;
- Ability to implement in-house style guide specifics for content, blogs, and articles;
- At least 2 years' experience as a practicing content and/or blog writer;
- Strong research and fact checking skills; and
- Attention to detail and the desire to provide accurate legal information to the reader.
- B.A. in English, Journalism, or a similar degree;
- Technical skills of posting to a website CMS (Wordpress, Joomla, etc.); and
- Practical knowledge of writing SEO copy and backend website descriptions.
The Editor must also have the ability to research, learn, and write (and often cite) accurate copy for the following areas of law:
Family Law, Divorce, Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Estate Planning, Immigration, Bankruptcy/Debt, Workers' Compensation, Social Security, Employment Law, Tax Law, and Business Law.
For more information, please email your resume and writing samples to email@example.com.